Tru meaning of family!

So, for those of you who don't know, Im in Texas for the week. I came down here for my friends baby shower and to just have a lil fun in the the D with the homies. Also, my aunt, my mother baby sister, lives out here with her husband and 3 kids, so I came to spend a couple nights with them as well. I was really excited because I haven't seen them in a while and because me and my family is sooo distant, I wasn't sure what to expect. however, I was welcomed with open arms and a few home cook meals (can't beat that). My little cousins, ages 10, 8, and 6, followed me every where I went and watched me with amazement in their eyes as I moved around the house. The oldest one said she wanted to grow up and be just like me, I held back the tears of joy and told her I wanted her to be better than me.
I talked to my aunt for hours about a little bit of everything and just really enjoyed being around my family. I'm dissapointed I can't experience this more! I also see the lack of culture in families nowadays because back in the days aunts and cousins and family in general played a serious role in raising other family members kids, but now, we have embraced the me, me, me culture!

Goal to fix this problem: family reunion and committees to keep everyone updated!!

Will let you know how it works out,

The Artist

0 comments: